Thanks to the WordPress 20 days writing prompts aka Everyday Inspiration, I’m finally writing about what I’ve learned from going through six months (and counting) of loss and pain.
Here are 15 things I’ve learned from going through pain:
- Pain is the mother of necessity in growth as a person.
- That really, I can’t control outcomes. I have zero arse control over many things…ok, everything.
- I’m not god.
- That crazy notion of ‘joy amidst suffering’—it’s real and possible.
- I hurt people, and I seriously need to say sorry.
- The years of repetitive hurts caused by others has hardened my heart.
- Depression is real, and it sucks big time.
- I have a choice to give my hand to God and let Him lift me up from my dungeon.
- My years of anger issue is a blinking symptom of something seriously wrong going inside of me.
- What happened even when we were a toddler, stays in the memory, even if we are not aware of it. And it can trigger hot buttons. I learned that from Elijah House.
- God’s word is true and not to be messed with.
- The liberation of letting go, and then through prayer, letting God work— the feeling is unbelievably comforting.
- Not to negate or rationalise away emotions.
- Emotion is the language of our heart, telling us what’s happening inside.
- God can heal the deepest hurts.
Bonus: Making a list is such fun. Try it!
Share your list with me?
20 days writing prompt series. Day two: Write a list