Here are 15 things I’ve learned from going through pain:
- Pain is the mother of necessity in growth as a person.
- That really, I can’t control outcomes. I have zero arse control over many things…ok, everything.
- I’m not god.
- That crazy notion of ‘joy amidst suffering’—it’s real and possible.
- I hurt people, and I seriously need to say sorry.
- The years of repetitive hurts caused by others has hardened my heart.
- Depression is real, and it sucks big time.
- I have a choice to give my hand to God and let Him lift me up from my dungeon.
- My years of anger issue is a blinking symptom of something seriously wrong going inside of me.
- What happened even when we were a toddler, stays in memory, even if we are not aware of it. And it can trigger hot buttons. I learned that from Elijah House.
- God’s word is true and not to be messed with.
- The liberation of letting go, and then through prayer, letting God work— the feeling is unbelievably comforting.
- Not to negate or rationalise away emotions.
- Emotion is the language of our heart, telling us what’s happening inside.
- God can heal the deepest hurts.
Receive the HopeMail newsletter.
Once a month, I’ll share something from my heart about my experiences and thoughts while going through life—with its adversities and victories.
No fluff. Just honest writing.
Send me HopeMail!