I always love the Serenity Prayer for its wisdom. It’s like a little guidebook on living life. I love it more when I found out that there is a full version of the one commonly seen.
Here is the full Serenity Prayer and from its wisdom—six things in life to quit.
God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
As it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His Will;
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with Him
Forever and ever in the next.
prayer attributed to Reinhold Neibuhr, 1892-1971
“6 things in life to quit” inspired by the Serenity Prayer
- Quit that tight grip on life; there are things beyond our control…get unstuck.
- Quit sitting around when there are things that need to be changed…get moving.
- Quit living in the future…we don’t even know what’s gonna happen tomorrow.
- Quit living in the past…no one is there anymore.
- Quit thinking that a trouble-free life equals a good life…sometimes we grow the most going through pain and troubles.
- Quit living life relying on our finite strength and wit…God is infinite, seek Him.
Free Serenity Prayer printable poster
If you’d like to have this prayer as your little reminder and encouragement, I’ve made this poster for you (using Canva). Feel free to print it out.
Or, you could always save it as a digital copy.
Let me know in the comments below if the prayer is helpful to you.