A friend shared these quotes about life with me. But I can’t trace the original author to give him/her credit. If you know the source of this, please let me know, thanks.
Some things that I’ve learnt in life (author unknown):
- Certificates that hang on your wall do not make you a decent, human being. It just shows how much education you got.
- Sometimes it’s hard to determine where to draw the line between being nice and not hurting people’s feelings and at the same time, standing up for what you believe. It’s not easy, but it’s something that we have to learn.
- People are very adamant about their particular position, but no matter how thin you slice it, there are always two sides. Remember—there is your side, and there’s another side that you don’t see.
- No matter how much I care for people, there’ll always be some people who’ll never care back. Just accept that as a fact of life.
- It’s a lot easier to react than it is to think, and then decide what to do. So always think first.
- It takes many years to build up trust in somebody, but it only takes a few seconds to destroy it by something you do.
- It’s not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that really matters.
- You cannot make someone love you, but no one can stop you from loving them.
- It takes a long time to become the person I want to be, so don’t get discouraged.
- You must always leave your loved ones with loving words, because that may be the last time you see them. You’ll never know.
- You can still keep going for a long time, even after you think you can’t go anymore.
- We are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel about it.
- Either you control your attitude, or your attitude controls you.
- The amount of money you have is a lousy way of thinking how important you are. Or how unimportant you are.
- You should never tell a child that his/her dreams are unlikely to be fulfilled. Let them dream. They may accomplish something that you may never accomplish.
- Our background and circumstances may have influenced us, but we are responsible for what we have become now.
- Two people can look at the same thing and see something completely different.
- No matter how fast or how far you go away, you can’t outrun God.
- If you do the right thing for the wrong reason, it’s still wrong.
- Love is not for me to keep, but to pass on to the next person I see.
Which quote resonates with you?